- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Total Time: 20-30 minutes
|1-can||White, red or black beans, drained|
|1-can||Diced Tomatoes, drained (healthy!); or 2 medium, fresh tomatoes, diced|
|1-bottle||Green Olives, with pimentos|
|1||Scallion Sliced Thinly|
|¼ cup||or Less of Shaved Parmesan Cheese, or pieces of goat cheese, or any shredded cheese brand you like (low-fat, preferably|
|¼ cup||or More of Sliced Roasted-red Peppers,|
|(found In a Jar), sliced roughly in ¼" strips|
|1-tsp||Fresh Lemon Juice|
|1-tsp||Freshly Chopped Parsley|
|1||Sprinkle of Smoked (or Regular) Cayenne Pepper, to taste|
|1 dash||, or Not of Salt, to taste|
|1||or 2 Shakes of Pepper, to taste|
|4--6||Large Lettuce Leaves--iceberg, bib, romaine, etcetera; or use spinach leaves|
|**add Slices of One Large, boiled egg for more protein|
1. In a bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, olives, scallion, cheese, roasted red pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper and parsley--toss lightly.
2. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper.
3. Drizzle olive oil mixture over bean mixture--toss again, lightly.
4. Arrange lettuce/spinach leaves on a serving plate
5. Place bean salad evenly, between the lettuce or spinach leaves
**Add slices of boiled egg, if desired
Optional: Garnish with parsley and thinly-sliced lemon wedges; sour cream can be added on the side for those screaming for more flavor.