Trisha's Chicken Tortilla Soup
Submitted by: lucaswilliamsgrandma | Source: Trisha Yearwood's: Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen Cookbook
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes from time chickem breasts are boiled
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
|1 tsp||Minced Garlic|
|1||Medium Onion, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||All-purpose Flour|
|3× 14-oz cans||Chicken Broth|
|1× 10¾ oz can||Cream of Chicken Soup|
|1 cup||Prepared Salsa, mild or spicy, according to your taste|
|4||Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, boiled, drained,and shredded|
|1× 15-oz can||Kidney Beans, drained|
|1× 15-oz can||Black Beans, drained|
|1× 15-oz can||Whole Kernel Corn, drained|
|2 tsp||Ground Cumin|
|1× 1.27-oz pkg||Fajita Seasoning|
|1× 16-oz bag||Tortilla Chips|
|8-oz||Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded|
|8-oz||Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded|
|½ cup||Sour Cream|
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat; add the garlic and onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the flour and stir well, cooking for 1 minute more.
3. Add the broth and the half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, about 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to low.
4. Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin, and fajita seasoning.
5. Continue to simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Crumble the tortilla chips into individual bowls and top with a ladle of soup.
7. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.